Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The Political View From Iowa



Where's Waldo? 

Can you spot the political candidate in the above photograph? I took the photo at the Iowa State Fair this past summer and it summarizes what Iowa (and the candidates) went though this past year in Iowa and what the rest of the country (and again the candidates) went through the last couple weeks leading up to Super Tuesday.

We received a call to do camera work at an event where six of the presidential candidates were speaking. Having only seen one candidate in my life I thought it was an excellent opportunity. Little did I know it would be up close and personal as I was within ten feet of most of the candidates.

In the months leading up to the January 3, 2008 Iowa Caucuses I photographed and or video taped a total of 13 presidential hopefuls. More than most states will have on their ballots today. While many of our productions take us outside of Iowa, most of these shots were taken within 10 miles of our office in Cedar Falls. The photos below are part of the fun of being a video producer based in Iowa: